Saturday, July 21, 2012

My grocery war!


Since it doesn’t look like I am going to be working anytime soon (knee issues) I have decided I am going to take on housekeeping as though it were a job. This includes being very thrifty with household expenses. 
In our small town the only grocery store we have is Wal-Mart Super center.  I usually travel to a neighboring town to shop at Kroger. Well, being thrifty makes me shop at Wal-Mart. Just so you know- I hate Wal-Mart. The big bonus for me to shop at Wal-Mart  is the price matching they offer. 
I did a trial run today with a Kroger, Remke and Walgreen’s ad. I saved 15.45 which I was thrilled with. But stop and look at my purchases. Mostly JUNK food. ummmm….Not sure what I am going to do about this problem. It makes Justin happy but not mom and dad. 
I’m am determined to beat the big stores at their own game. We’ll see how I do!
Post a Comment