Sunday, November 27, 2011

I’ve been hitting the gym hard 3x a week (sometimes 4) and have done ssome serous damage to my knees.  This has been going on for several months. I didn’t say anything about it — just figured I was way out of shape and the pain would get better as I got more in shape. Nope!  I was really creating havoc on both knees. 


Last Tuesday I had arthroscopic surgery on my left knee.  I had a partial torn meniscus and under my knee cap looked as though I had been in a wreck and my knee saved me from going through the dashboard.  I have not had a wreck- this was damage that had been from working out. Arthritis. Major.  My ortho doctor was shocked about this. In as much, I just received a letter from our insurance requesting I fill out a form stating no accident was involved.

The scary thing about the whole situation is that I had surgery on my left knee first because it had less damage according to the mri. What does that mean about the right knee? I’ll have surgery on it after the first of the year.

Takek care-


Post a Comment