Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A child from Zimbabwe


After much thinking of adoption of another child for years, we decided to be a sponsor instead.

The beginning of this story starts at our Family Christian Bookstore. While I checked out I began a conversation with the clerk.
She was promoting World Vision as a sponsorship for under privileged children. I had told her the short version of loosing Joshua and as I talked to her she picked up the packet for Brighton Mawkise.

There were 2 things that touched me about Brighton Mawakise. He looks so very sad and his favorite activity was playing ball. Probably football or soccer is what he plays.

He lives with his grandmother and 2 brothers. His grandmother struggles to provide for the family.

He lives in a community affected by HIV and Aids. They rarely have money for food or medical care.

My hope for this little boy is that we can make a difference in his life.


Post a Comment