Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A trip to Gatlinburg

A dear friend of mine, Jenny, invited me to a church retreat on Nov. 13-14. Gatlinburg' s about a 4 hour drive from our house. As time got closer I was deciding that I really didn’t need to go. We were staying in a beautiful cabin in the mountains that slept 13. I think I was in bed each night by 8, but I loved it! I would do it all over again and again and again. I think/ I know I could sleep my life away. If God would wake me up just in time to tell everyone I loved them and not to be sad for me, well, I would do it it a heartbeat. Selfish, I know, I’m trying to change. The thought still of being with Joshua is so overpowering. He took care of his mama. shew…gotta quit crying.

gatlinburg.jpg

Downtown Gatlinburg showing off it’s Christmas lights.



Great Smoky Mountains


I wasn’t in the best of mood when I left for the trip. In fact, called her 10 minutes from our home to try and cancel. After all, Jack, Justin and myself were going to Gatlinburg on the 15th & 16th.Most of you know that we lost Joshua on the 15th. This is the first time in 7 years that Jack had agreed to go away for a few days.



This is the closest picture I could get of that would resemble our chalet. It slept 13 and we had a blast
.

If you have the chance to eat at the Mellow Mushroom. It is a pizza joint that is so cool. If you have any problems you’ll leave them outside the door. Great food and service.

Then there is the majestic Christmas Inn. I should have made reservations for next year to take Riley. You honestly have to make reservations that far in advance. We wen’t lucky enough to have snow. We had a high of 70’s both days. Then when Jack and Justin arrived it rained the entire time. Gatlinburg is one of those places that if it rains your stuck in your room. And it was a cold rain….brrrr…..now snow like the picture suggests. We did have snow up on the mountain that would take us to North Carolina.

photo

Inn in snow


Post a Comment