Wednesday, November 24, 2010

OH, it feels good to be busy!!!

Since we have such a small family I’m the only one doing the cooking. That is ok. After a serious meltdown yesterday, the worst I have had in a long, long time it feels so to be in the kitchen.

I wish that today were Thanksgiving. I’m looking for anything extra in the pantry that I could whip up that we don’t have each year. So far I have cooked green beans and ham—you know a bean ins’t cooked until it can’t stand up- macaroni and cheese and a carrot cake. That might not be much for some of you but for me it is exhilarating. One sad thing is I could wake up tomorrow and not want to do a thing. That is why I wish it were Thanksgiving today.

Thanksgiving was Joshua’s favorite holiday. Before we lost him we would always go to mom’s and he would claim that she would cook a feast, (well it really was a feast). We now stay at home, I cook and anyone who wants to come and eat is more than welcome. I wish I knew some people that doesn’t have family close to them then we could become their family. Maybe, I might make it one of my NY list to be more aware of the people around me.

Gotta Go!
Post a Comment