Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Best Friend

Some people go through their entire life and never find a true friend.

Webster defines friend as a favored companion.

Our Pastor has said that God's grace comes in the form of friends.


It is not so much our friends' help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us. Epicurus


Friendship
without self interest is one of the rare and beautiful things in life. James Francis Brynes




At the beginning of our new journey without Joshua, God blessed our family with one of life's most searched for gifts......true friends. Jack and I have been given a beautiful friendship with another couple, Mark and Julie, both of whom we consider our best friends.




Looking back, Mark and Julie gave up many free nights and weekends to spend with us. And it wasn't for fun and games. Before the night was over Julie would be crying with me and I could see the pain she carried for me in her eyes. If it weren't for Mark and Julie, I really don't know where Jack and I would be right now. Mark and Julie's love for each other was our platform to build our relationship all over again. Their dedication to God, their prayer's to God was what brought us back to church. Julie would not let me forget that God loved me and always, always with each passing day I was that much closer to seeing our boy.






On the first anniversary of life without Joshua we spent the entire weekend at Mark and Julie's, along with Jennifer and Justin. Can you imagine being the kind of friend that would invite such sad, grieving people into your home for an entire weekend? I never even thought or wondered how emotionally draining we were then.



Through the past 6 years I have watched Julie be so exhausted from a day of teaching and running Hannah, Caroline and Ben where they need to be after school and still find the time to take dinner to someone. Julie is a Proverbs 31 woman.



There are so many memories with the Kinsey's. Thanksgiving with the Kinseys, Christmas, the Marriage Retreat and peeking at Mark while we were praying (he knows what this means), Gatlinburg, Brown County, swimming, dinners, trips to the Levy, Mitchell's Seafood, Sunday night dinners at Cracker Barrel, our late night's at the Kinsey's, Red Lobster beads, Nashville, catching the "whole" family swimming at our home while we were out of town, Sunday breakfast brought to us while they were on their way to church. Oh my gosh, I could go on and on. What fun we have had together.



Julie, you are my dearest, best friend. You will never, ever know what you and your family mean to me. I love each and every one of you and would do anything for you.


Happy Belated Birthday!

Love,

Cindy & Jack
Post a Comment