Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bittersweet Holiday, again

Thursday night we were awoken around 1am by Justin going through the house in search of Joshua. Jack got to him and said to him, "Buddy, Joshua is in heaven." Justin's answer to that was, "I know Dad, but he was just with you today at Grandma's helping move."

Jack and Justin were at my mom's that day helping my uncle. Not Jack and Joshua.

It is things like this that remove the wind from what sail you had.

Up until then, I was looking forward to Easter. If we didn't have Easter to celebrate, there would be no Christianity. No Savior to redeem us from our sins. As Christians, this is the most important day we will celebrate. With the birth of Christ, we have a baby being born. With Easter, we have our Savior.

I believe this in my heart and I know this in my head. It's just that my heart is just a little more broken this Easter weekend than I wish it were.

I pray that everyone has a wonderful Sunday. I pray this for myself and my family.
Post a Comment